Here we are at the Daulatabad Fort which is a historical fortified citadel located in Aurangabad India. Interestingly Lord Shiva is believed to have stayed on the hills surrounding this region and the fort was called Devagiri, meaning Hills of Gods.
The surrounding moat used to be filled with crocodiles to deter enemies.
The Chand Minar can be seen through the archway. This means tower of the moon and was erected in 1445 to commemorate the capture of the fort. One of the finest examples of Indo-Islamic architecture in southern India.